A Standard Fundraising Campaign allows individuals to donate and to join your campaign to collect donations on your behalf. Each person who joins your campaign will populate on The Team section of your campaign and receive a unique URL to send to their friends and family. To customize this type of campaign, follow the instructions below.
From your Campaign Manager, hover over your campaign and select the Edit icon. Then, click Edit on the Campaign Card.
This will take you to your Campaign Editor:
In the Content tab, fill out basic details of your campaign including your Campaign Name and Story. Add visually-compelling photos and engaging (but short) video.
All edits preview in real-time on the right hand side of your screen.
Set a goal and a date and location if your campaign involves a live event. Your goal can be changed at any time. For more on Goal Setting and how to set a campaign goal, check out this resource Here.
Click the Design tab to set a theme colors on your campaign. Include a logo to display in the top left hand corner of your campaign page, such as your organization’s official logo.
Link your campaign logo to your organization’s website, or to your nonprofit profile page, and customize whether the Total Amount Raised, Campaign Creation Date and Donation List display on your campaign.*
Set a Facebook Custom Share Image and Text to preset the content that appears when someone shares this campaign on Facebook.*
*Exclusive to nonprofits on our Premium/Enterprise subscriptions.
Click the Settings tab.
Customize your Campaign URL. We recommend making it short, easy-to-share and specific to this campaign. You may only change your URL once. The prior version of your URL will be automatically redirected to your new URL.
Below, toggle 5 settings to configure any restrictions or advanced features on your campaign:
1. Disable New Fundraisers: Toggling this setting prevents participants from joining your campaign and becoming a member of your fundraising team. If you turn this option on, you will change your campaign into a Donate-only campaign. See Here for how to customize a Donate-only campaign.
2. Disable Donate Button: Prevent any donations to be made to your campaign. You can set your Donate button to turn off immediately (when changes are saved) or at a future date.
3. Hide Donation Dollar Amounts: Hides donation amounts under the “Recent Donations” section.
4. Allow Offline Donations: Enable your supporters to attribute dollars raised outside of CrowdRise to their team pages.
5. Fundraising Minimums*: Set an amount and deadline for which individuals on your campaign must agree to raise a predefined amount of money by a specific date. In order to join the team and fundraise, individuals must agree to raise this amount of money or their credit cards will be charged the difference at the deadline.
To set up your Fundraising Minimum, toggle “on” and enter a date and deadline in the spaces provided. You may also choose to add “Checkpoints,” which are smaller monetary milestones that your fundraisers need to raise prior to the final deadline.
Campaign Account Code: Implement a unique code on this campaign to display in your Report Center. If you have different initiatives, chapters or other campaign-specific markers, you can keep track of them by including an Account Code in the space provided.
Google Analytics Tracking ID: If you have a Google Analytics account, include your Tracking ID here to track the traffic on this campaign.**
*Fundraising Minimums, Campaign Account Codes and Google Analytics Tracking IDs are available to nonprofits on Premium and Enterprise subscriptions. Click Here for more info on plans and pricing.
**Proper Google Analytics Tracking requires an additional step to implement successfully. Reach out to your Senior Success Specialist for more details.
All CrowdRise campaigns are mobile-optimized, so each page is built to look great on any kind of device. Toggle the icons to preview your campaign on a tablet and a smartphone.
Remember to hit Save while editing. Once your edits are completed, return to your Campaign Manager by clicking the “x” in the top left hand corner of the Editor toolbar.
Once you have returned to your Campaign Edit view, click the View icon in the top right hand corner to see your changes as they will appear to external users.